Emergency Medicine Jobs in Pennsylvania
Monday · June 18, 2018
1 Job in The Keystone State
Photo: Philadelphia near city hall.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Erie) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Upmc Hamot is a fully accredited Level II Trauma Center and is the only trauma center within 100 miles.
- Erie and Upmc Hamot overlook Presque Isle Bay and Peninsula.
- Our 25,ate of the art" Emergency Department has 35 private patient rooms including 3 dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms and in-department radiology and CT suites.
- About Erie, PA.
- Close proximity to the Allegheny Mountains affords easy access to Alpine and Nordic skiing.
- As the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania, Erie has an abundance of resources in culture, recreation and education.
- Pension plan.
- The National Research Corporation found Upmc Hamot to be the number one choice for healthcare in the Erie community.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- The Medical Staff has over 500 physicians representing most specialties and subspecialties and we have residency training programs in Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurology, Otolaryngology and Emergency Medicine.
- Upmc Hamot's growing relationships with hospitals in our region provides additional opportunities for Emergency Medicine physicians.
- Erie has a selection of excellent public, private and parochial schools, as well as four local universities.
- As a member of Upmc Hamot's Regional Health Services you would receive a generous salary plus a quarterly productivity bonus.
- We treat a diverse patient population with moderate to high acuity.
- The benefits package also includes paid malpractice insurance.
- Upmc Hamot is a 433-bed, Level II trauma center, non-profit tertiary care hospital.
- One Physician FTE is dedicated to overnight staffing to minimize overnight shift responsibility.
- 403 (b) tax shelter.
- Lake Erie offers the perfect setting for boating, water skiing, wind surfing, sailing and fishing.
- About Upmc Hamot.
- Upmc Hamot has residency-trained Emergency Medicine Department.
- And group life insurance.
- Short and long term disability.
- The Emergency Department volume is currently over 80,000 patients per year and is growing.
- We use FristNet (Cerner) patient tracking system, bedside registration and Dragon dictation.
- Cultural offerings include a symphony orchestra, ballet and dance companies, playhouse theatre groups and the Presque Isle Downs and Casino.
- Physician extenders are used for additional coverage in both areas 40 hours/day.
- Erie is also home to semi-professional baseball, basketball and ice hockey teams.
- These acknowledgments speak volumes about the high quality care we deliver every day.
- Physician coverage is 58 hours per day with 11 hours separate physician staffing in the minor emergency area.
- Protected time off.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Erie, PA.
- Our physicians are of high quality, patient friendly, highly productive and enthusiastic.
- In addition there is 24-48 hours of Emergency Medicine Resident coverage per day.
- Upmc Hamot is consistently an award winning hospital, most notably being recognized nationally by Thomson Reuters and United States News & World.
- For children Erie offers a planetarium, the Erie Zoo, a Children's Museum, community parks, an amusement park and indoor and outdoor water parks.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago