Emergency Medicine Jobs in Pennsylvania
Thursday · October 19, 2017
1 Job in The Keystone State
Photo: Philadelphia near city hall.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Wilmington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- More than 200 medical residents receive part of their training at this facility every year.
- The quality of work/life balance VA physicians experience simply cannot be found in private practice.
- Serve Those Who've Served.
- Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Disability Retirement.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- The VA knows that the first step to providing superior patient care is self-care.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Our patient population ranges from young adults with few medical problems to the elderly with multiple comorbidities, as well as an increasing number of female veterans.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Provide high quality emergency medical care to veterans in accordance with VA policy and community standards.
- Fers basic benefits (pension).
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- The Wilmington Vamc Emergency Department provides initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and disposition of a full spectrum of medical, surgical and psychiatric illness.
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- Wilmington, located midway between New York City and Washington, D.C., and just 30 minutes south of Center City Philadelphia, offers a wide variety of cultural events, excellent museums, low taxes, and beautiful public gardens.
- 5-10 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability).
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Caring for our nation's Veterans is among the most noble of callings.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- The Wilmington Emergency Department is a level 2 complexity, 13 bed facility, operating 24 hours per day, and receives approximately 8000 veterans annually.
- Being a non-trauma ER, trauma is generally limited to ambulatory injuries.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
- Major medical affiliations are maintained with Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia and the University of Maryland.
- Wilmington is proud of its medical affiliations with top medical schools, supporting the VA's educational mission.
- VA physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks.
- Better Quality of Work/Life Balance!
- 8-12 hour shifts.
- BC/BE in Emergency Medicine - BC in Internal Medicine will be considered with Emergency Department experience.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Duties and.
- The medical center is supported by specialty, surgical and Intensive Care services.
- Emergency Medicine Job in Wilmington, DE.
- Hours: Participate in 24/7 coverage of the Emergency Department.
- Full unrestricted License, Certification, or Registration required in ANY United States State.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills pertaining to Emergency Medicine and work within granted privileges at all times.
- The Wilmington VA Medical Center in Wilmington, DE is seeking a full-time Emergency Medicine Physician to help provide urgent and emergent care to the veterans of Delaware and Southern New Jersey.
- United States Citizenship.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Work as a member of the Emergency Department team participating in Quality Assurance and process improvement initiatives, peer review, and hospital committees.
This perm job opening was posted
6 days ago